- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
The differences between occasional wrist stiffness and carpal tunnel syndrome are poles apart. Unlike the infrequent discomfort that can affect all of us from time to time, carpal tunnel symptoms can be long lasting, far more intense and often unresponsive to OTC medications. Like most forms of physical discomfort, the symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome tend to start off tolerable and grow more severe over time. The most effective thing a person can do is to treat it at its earliest stage whenever possible. Fortunately, even the most severe cases of CTS can respond favorably to chiropractic and other nervous system and musculoskeletal-based therapies.
Treating Carpal Tunnel Begins with Understanding It
This widespread but seldom understood physical ailment is something millions will deal with during their lifetime. Hoogeveen Health Center believes that finding the best course of treatment begins with having a sound understanding of the condition itself. Here are some things to me mindful of when seeking carpal tunnel treatment.
- Carpal tunnel surgery can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $12,000
- Fewer than 60% of those who have surgery report a 100% recovery
- Carpal tunnel occurs when the median nerve becomes compressed
- Common CTS symptoms are pain, numbness, burning and limited movement
- Research suggests a link between some metabolic disorders and CTS
- Symptoms most commonly affect the person's dominant hand
- Women are almost three times more likely to develop carpal tunnel
- Untreated past injuries are a common cause of CTS symptoms
Common Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Causes
Just as the back has nerves which get pinched, the nerves of the wrist can become pinched too, as the surrounding bones become increasingly compressed. Carpal tunnel symptoms manifest most commonly when the hands and arms spend extended periods of time in non-natural positions. While anyone can be affected, it's quite common among professionals, writers, pianists and those who work with vibrating tools and heavy machinery.
It's certainly worth mentioning that not all CTS sufferers can trace their symptoms back to cubicles and awkward work positions. It's now known that problems throughout the body, most notably those affected by the median nerve, can result in the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is one of many reasons why Chiropractic has been so effective in helping people treat and prevent future reoccurrences.
Safe Carpal Tunnel Therapy in Frisco TX
Tired of living with the frustrations and pain of carpal tunnel symptoms? Call Hoogeveen Health Center & Chiropractic in Frisco TX at 972-335-7994 to learn how we've helped others in the DFW area.